New 2012 Edition!
The new 2012 Edition of the T-JTA Manual, contained in a loose-leaf binder, includes the following sections:
The T-JTA Manual contains information about T-JTA test administration, scoring using the newly updated T-JTA Computer Scoring Software, and comprehensive coverage of T-JTA interpretation.
• Introduction to the T-JTA
• Description and Use of the T-JTA
• History and Development of the T-JTA
• T-JTA Self Tests and Criss-Cross Tests
• Interpretation and Use of the Nine T-JTA Traits
• Interpretation and Use of T-JTA Trait Patterns
• Definitions of Computer Supplemental Scales
• Clinical Use of the T-JTA Profile
• Clinical Use of the T-JTA Report Booklets
• Interpretation of the Mid Count and Attitude Scale Score
• Breakdown of the T-JTA Questions by Trait Categories and Attitude Scale
• Guidelines for the Use of the T-JTA with Adolescents
• Breakdown of the T-JTA Secondary Questions by Trait Categories and Attitude Scale
• Research and Statistical Analysis: Validity and Reliability
The T-JTA's unique applicability for use with couples and family members is discussed thoroughly in the Criss-Cross sections of the Manual and includes fill examples of Criss-Cross Scoring and Interpretation.
A T-JTA Manual is required for new users. The T-JTA Manual is also recommended for users who wish to replace their 1967-68, 1984, 2002, or 2007 editions with a more current version.
The T-JTA handbook serves to strengthen and increase the counselor's skills in using the T-JTA. It provides invaluable clinical training and actual test interpretations of selected cases. Each sample profile is discussed in the context of of a clinical history, along with suggestions for using the T-JTA to encourage individual growth and change, and improve interpersonal relationships. The T-JTA Handbook contains additional information on the following:
• Administering the T-JTA
• Use and Interpretation of the T-JTA Profile
• The Meaning and Interpretation of Mid and Attitude Scale Scores
• The Meaning and Interpretation of the Nine T-JTA Bipolar Personality Traits
• Detailed descriptions of how to use the T-JTA to assess individual functioning and relationships, to identify similarities, differences, or areas or misunderstanding.
• T-JTA Trait Patterns
• Suggestions for using T-JTA test results to determine counseling or therapuetic goals, and to evaluate progress and change
• Discussing T-JTA Results with Counselees
• Interpreting a Complete T-JTA Marital Criss-Cross Testing with Quiz following.
• Interpreting a Pre-marital Criss-Cross Testing
• Utilizing the T-JTA in Educational and Vocational Counseling
• Utilizing the T-JTA in Individual Counseling
• Ethical Considerations
• Statistical Explanations and Examples
• PPI's T-JTA Computer Scoring Service
• Actual case examples accompanied by clinical histories and detailed interpretations with 25 plotted T-JTA Profiles.
Computer Scoring Software User's Guide Section
The User's Guide contains a complete description and instructions for use of the T-JTA Computer Scoring Software, Version 8. Included are 14 chapters that cover the following:
• Introduction to the Computer Scoring Software System
• Overview of Main Menus
• Administration Instructions
• Remote Administration
• Utility Menu
• Help & Quit Options
• Program Registration (CD)
• PPI TESTick: Assessment
• PPI TESTick: Administration
• Step-by-Step Instructions for Scoring